SMPC’s environmental management is part of the overall management approach encompassing ‘Sustainability in Environmental Dimension’. It serves as a demonstration of the company’s commitment to effectively manage business groups, functions, and operational areas in alignment, with a primary focus on sustainable management.
Sustainability Management in the Environment Dimension
Environmental Policy and Practices
To protect the environment, the company has adhered to an environmental policy consisting of the following objectives:
- Ensuring that all operations and manufacturing processes are environmentally friendly.
- Preventing accidents and controlling waste discharge to remain below acceptable levels or in compliance with relevant laws.
- Taking responsibility for upholding environmental protection, as well as respecting local culture and traditions in the areas where the company operates.
- Promptly and effectively responding to any incidents that impact the environment and community resulting from the company’s operations, while fully cooperating with government officials and related organizations.
- Avoiding any activities that could harm natural resources and the overall environment.
The company acknowledges that conducting business with environmental friendliness is one of the key factors for sustainability. In order to meet international standards and gain global recognition, SMPC has implemented a policy to encourage employees to efficiently utilize resources such as electricity, water, and oil, and appropriately control their usage. Since 2017, the company has been accredited with ISO 14001:2015 — Environmental Management Systems.
Employee Education and Training on Environment
The company has a policy to raise awareness and spread the concept of efficient resource utilization and environmental conservation to all employees through training, the company’s notice board, and posters. Additionally, the company organizes activities to inspire all employees to properly use resources and conserve the environment, as follows:
1. ISO 14001 training is provided to new staff members. The public relations team of the ISO 14001 project has already incorporated the project into the annual training course for review.
2. A campaign is being implemented by the company to separate waste into general waste, recyclable waste, and hazardous waste, with continuous efforts.
3. Energy conservation is promoted both within and outside the organization, reaching out to business partners and the community through brochures, contact manuals, and regulations.
4. The company provides a complaint center for submitting complaints related to environmental impact. The center can be reached at 02-895-4139 or via email at email@example.com, available 24 hours a day.
5. During the quarterly Board of Directors meeting, there will be an agenda item to regularly consider, follow up on, and take action regarding whistleblowing incidents.